@Start - What´s New
What's new in @Start 3.1.1 (12/27/02)
- Updated @Start's appearance.
Download @Start 3.1.1 now (self-extracting executable) for free.
What's new in @Start 3.0.2 (12/24/02)
- With @Start 3.0.2 you can now have the best of both worlds. You can enjoy all the features of @Start and also have your old homepage back!
- @Start now has tab support. The Navigation tab provides you access to custom links, last typed URL, favorites, and history. Next, the Information tab contains news and horoscope. Finally, the Homepage gives you access to your favorite home page.
- @Start now has support for 19 search engines.
- We also fixed several bugs that have been reported by our users.
What's new in @Start 2.2.1 (11/17/02)
- @Start now has support for the following search engines: AllTheWeb,AltaVista,AltaVista(es),China,Google,Google.ca,Google.de,Google.fr,Google.it,Google.jp,Google.nl,Google.uk,Lycos,MSN,Rambler.ru,Yahoo
- New content section was added for personalized horoscopes. You can also e-mail a personal horoscope to a friend.
- Expanded news categories: Top stories, Business: general, Business: media, Entertainment, Finance, Internet, Lifestyle, Science, Society, Sports, Technology
- @Start now features sponsored links for more news and more horoscopes.
- More options and controls including control over the number columns for custom links.
What's new in @Start 2.0
- Your custom links are synchronized with Favorites. You can simply add links to the @Start folder in Favorites. (In v1.0 the only way to add a custom link was to type it in.)
- Custom links can be organized into groups (folders). Each group can have its own background color for graphical clarity.
- You can choose which search engines you want to access. You can also select the default search engine.
- Added news feeds organized by categories.
- Added FAQs & help pages.
- Any section can now be removed from or added to your @Start homepage.
- Page appearance can be modified for more compact style or bigger fonts.
- Page can be made read-only. This options removes editing elements from the page.
- All links are sorted in alphabetical order.
- Last typed URLs can be removed all at once or individually.
- @Start page can be locked. This option does not allow any modifications to the page. This is a handy addition for schools, libraries and other places with public workstations.